Tuesday, August 08, 2006

This will be a quick one, I hope because I have to go to the restroom, or shall I say WC. Pete and I just had dinner and a glass of wine each. I had a beet root salad with asparagus and he had fried cheese with potatoe salad. It was a Hungarian restaurant. Very yummy. We met up with Helena, my friend from Wittenberg. I met her at speech class, which she ended up dropping because she became fascinated with Chinese and ended up spending 3 years in China. We stayed friends at Wittenberg and actually I think she left after Christmas and didn't stay the whole year. But she did come to my house in Indiana for Thanksgiving. Anyway, we have kept in touch for these nearly 11 years and finally met up again today! She was an amazing tour guide. We ended up catching a>bit of the royal band as they were preparing for the changing of the guards. Though what they're guarding I'm not sure as the king and queen no longer live at that castle. They now live an hour or two away. We went on a horse ride around the old city, which is built on pillars, and then we went to an amusement park. Helena, Pete and I all went to the Haunted house, which was very fun. Then Pete chickened out for the roller coaster and magic carpet ride, and joined us again for the ferris wheel where we could watch people being scared at the haunted house and we had a nice view. That covers our day in a nutshell minus an icecream and all the mundane details. It was great being able to catch up with Helena. Tomorrow we MUST do laudry and figure out what we will do on Tuesday and Wednesday night. We haven't had time to figure that out yet, but we hope to do two overnight cruises and one day in a city like Helsinki or Estonia, or possibly another city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home